Wednesday, August 31, 2016

ACHES AND PAIN - RELIEF ON THE CHEAP


We overwork  our extremities... playing too hard, and we suffer the consequences. At the end of the day... we all have tired aching muscles... that need relief. Sore backs, throbbing knees, swollen ankles, etc.  We use ice packs, heating pads and drugs to take the edge off. These medicinal aids are expensive sometimes helping and sometimes not. So we are always on the lookout for alternative methods to ease our discomfort. When you think of THRIFTING you usually do NOT think of home health products of this kind. Canes, wheelchairs, walkers are prevalent in thrift stores but that is about it. So imagine my surprise when I came across a 'HoMedic Massager.' It was BRAND NEW in the box with attachments. It has an adjustable handle to access those hard to reach places. And infrared heat to soothe the trouble spots. I scooped it up immediately. My husband has already used it for his lower back pain and if I can wrangle it from him, I intend to get some relief for my sore hip. The kicker is it was marked $1.99. But because it was Senior Day... I only paid $1.79 for it. These massagers retail for almost thirty bucks. Cheaper than the price of a masseuse… this is my THRIFTY FIND of the week.  A real bargain, indeed. So keep your 'eyes peeled' fellow thrifters.... you never know what you might find, when you are out thrifting.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like indeed a great find!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shazaam! :)
    I can attest, growing old(er) isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    'Hope you both get some relief ... SOON!

    ReplyDelete